Responsible for the prompt processing of vendor invoices including account coding, data entry, and approval routing. Responsible for the prompt payment of vendor invoices through check, wire, ACH. Prepares and maintains all supporting documents and distributes reports as directed.
- Processing of vendor invoices including account coding, data entry, and routing for approval
- Follow up to ensure timely review and approval of vendor invoices
- Processing payments of vendor invoices through check, wire, ACH
- Research invoices and payments
- Periodic processing of rush requests
- Familiarity with tax reporting including making estimated tax payments and 1099 reporting
- Work collaboratively with the accounting and operational staff
- Cross train on other accounting functions
- Assist with periodic audits
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed
- Responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounts payable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong working knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables. Also experience with SharePoint software
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software
- Experience with SAP Concur expense software
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Periodic overtime is required to ensure deadlines are met
Desired, but not required:
- Associates Degree in Accounting
- Mortgage origination and/or mortgage servicing experience preferred
- Knowledge of escheatment (unclaimed property)
RoundPoint’s Employee Value Proposition:
Grow. Make a difference. Have fun along the way.
Our mission is to serve our homeowners and all of their homeownership needs. We do this by embracing challenges, executing with excellence, and fostering a positive work culture that encourages personal and professional growth. We are on the fast track to becoming the premier marketplace for all things home, and the National Mortgage News and Best Companies Group just named us one of 2019’s Best Mortgage Companies to Work For! Without a doubt, RoundPointers are what make this company a great place to work! That’s why we hire individuals who share our core values: Energy, Ethics, Execution, Everyone, and Earn it!
As a RoundPointer, we will empower you to innovate, provide meaningful solutions, set goals and crush them, play hard, and give back to the community! Our secret sauce is our mantra, All In. All Win. Together, we can achieve great things!
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.