As an Administrative Coordinator at Morley in Saginaw, Michigan, you’ll be trained to help customers resolve automotive lemon law issues and process documents to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements. You will use your organizational skills, strong work ethic and excellent communication skills to facilitate these transactions quickly and efficiently. We’re looking for someone who will be very thorough and pay strong attention to detail while processing important documents.
Please Note: This is an on-site work position in Saginaw, Michigan.
What you’ll do:
- Assemble and mail all documentation related to reacquired vehicle management and all associated manufacturers
- Audit incoming cases to ensure process requirements are met
- Identify, research and resolve problems with documentation
- File and organize incoming documents
- Understand and carry out individual state titling requirements
- Ensure accuracy within printed and digital files
Have questions before you submit your application? Live chat with a Morley Talent Acquisition Specialist on our website during business hours.
Skills for Success
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum one year of experience in administrative roles (Banking, mortgages or collections is helpful!)
- Proficiency in typing and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to learn new computer programs as necessary
Nice to have:
- Three years of customer service experience
- College degree in a relevant field
Why Join Our Morley Family?
The value of your employment is more than your paycheck. It’s the opportunity to do meaningful work, earn great benefits and enjoy awesome co-workers. This means taking into consideration your total compensation package – the combination of competitive pay, health benefits and all the other benefits Morley provides.
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Medical and prescription coverage, including free annual physicals
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Associate wellness program (participate and get up to 5% off your insurance premiums)
- Tobacco cessation coaching program
- Chronic condition management (asthma, diabetes, coronary heart disease, chronic lung disease)
- 401(k) / Roth 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible savings account
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
Benefits to Make Your Life Easier
- Teladoc: Free online access to doctors 24/7
- Registered nurse help desk: Free calls to a nurse 24/7
- 44North patient advocacy: Free 24/7 help with benefit questions, claim issue investigations and other support
- LifeKeys services: Free estate guidance (online will), identity theft prevention and more
- Feel good about working in a values-based environment. Our core values are:
- Family comes first
- Do the right thing
- Be your best self
- Save time and money by training and working from home
- Advance in your career with ongoing paid training and development opportunities (we promote from within)
Our mission is to deliver extraordinary experiences.
We do this by leading with humility, embracing everyone, inspiring accountability, sweating the details and moving mountains (making the impossible possible) – for both our fellow Morley Family members and for the world’s leading companies that strategically partner with us.
Morley is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote an inclusive, caring and respectful work environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
As part of this commitment, we ensure that candidates and associates with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Morley. If your values align with ours, we can’t wait to meet you. Please apply now.
Morley & COVID-19
Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our Morley Family members.
In March 2020, we instituted the Morley COVID-19 Response Team, which continues to meet daily with the purpose of minimizing or eliminating our associates’ exposure to COVID-19 at our worksites and at home. This team immediately moved the majority of our associates to remote work and created policies, procedures, and preparedness and response plans to give associates peace of mind that Morley is a safe place to work.
Our Facilities team has worked tirelessly to uphold increased cleaning and disinfection standards, build safety shields to extend the height of cubicles, move workstations to keep on-site associates at least 6 feet apart, and furnish additional safety measures and supplies.
We continually look to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), OSHA, MIOSHA and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to guide us as pandemic circumstances evolve.
As a result, we have experienced little to no spread of COVID-19 in our offices, as verified by reporting through the Saginaw County Department of Public Health. If you have questions about how COVID-19 might impact you as a Morley candidate or new hire, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org.