Minco has been selected as the 2020 Manufacturer of the Year! Recognized as a great place to work because of our strong leadership, cross-training initiatives, and commitment to continuous improvement.
Come join our team! We are an essential business that engineers and manufactures products for our customers to use in critical applications including COVID-19 testing and treatment. We offer excellent opportunities for professional growth in a diverse and growing organization serving Medical Diagnostic, Defense, Aerospace, Power Generation and Semi-Conductor Industries.
Every day you will contribute to our critical mission while assembling, welding, soldering, and working with small parts, a microscope and in some cases, chemicals. You’ll have the opportunity to be a key part of our production process. You’ll work closely with other assemblers, manufacturing technicians and production supervisors; what you do will have an impact on the company and our customers by living Minco’s icare values — Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, & Energy.
- Build high quality products for our customers while following operating policies, procedures, and standard work in a safe work environment.
- Weld, solder and work with small parts, a microscope and in some cases, chemicals.
- Support our Continuous Improvement (CI) culture by providing suggestions to help improve processes.
- Learn new things by cross training in other areas and product families.
- Complete assigned paperwork and enter information about materials, work-in-progress, finished goods, and other operations into the computer accurately.
- Identify any quality issues that occur at your workstation and tell your lead, supervisor and/or co-workers right away to make sure only good product gets shipped to the customer.
- Use tools, materials, and equipment according to safety and operational principles and practices.
- Train others on processes, equipment, and work instructions within your area (after you’ve been trained).
- Adapt to changes as they occur and use feedback for improvement.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Read, write and speak English at an 8th grade level or higher
Ability to pass an eye exam (with or without correction) to meet Minco’s requirements for Near and Color Vision
- One or more years of experience within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in welding, fine wire assembly and lamination
- Experience with potting chemicals
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Continuous Improvement training or experience
- Machine maintenance experience
- J-Standard Certified
Professional Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with employees and management
- Strong experience responding to and resolving questions and concerns
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for internal and external customer contact
This position is a regular full-time position located in our headquarters in Fridley, Minnesota. This is a 2nd shift position working Monday – Thursday
At Minco, we offer benefits and services that help balance work life and personal life, a competitive wage and benefits package, opportunities for continuous improvement and personal growth, casual dress code and company celebrations – some of the many reasons that make Minco a great place to work!
Find out why you would love working at Minco by learning more about our company culture and the rewards of working with us at www.minco.com/careers – then apply! Current Minco employees: please apply via your Employee page on iconnect. If you need assistance, please contact HumanResources@minco.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran, marital, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Minco Products, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware and software which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the definition of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.