Bailey Lumber, a Division of US LBM is seeking an Accounting Clerk for our Gulfport, MS location.
How you will spend your days as an Accounting Clerk:
- Process invoices in timely manner.
- Research & resolve Accounts Payable Purchase Order (APPO) discrepancies to prepare for timely payment of invoices. Reconcile APPO to purchase invoices.
- Obtain approval from yard managers for expense invoices prior to payment.
- Monitor account statements for accuracy and past due/short paid invoices.
- Maintain accurate files.
- Develop good working relationships with vendor & customer personnel.
- Participate in month end closes as needed and assigned by Accounting Manager. This includes, but is not limited to research of variations from prior periods and performing reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Provide administrative support and assist with other special projects as needed.
- AP entries into BisTrack Assist Safety Director ( Jami Allman) on projects Vehicles-ARI( upload AP invoices pd for maintenance on vehicles) and all related input for fleets-including Fuel permissions-tag renewals Prefer bookkeeping experience
We want you to build your career with us! Can you check all of these boxes?
- Minimum education required—High school or GED
- Minimum experience required—1-2 years office administration including accounting related duties
- Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to pursue collections as needed to meet goals of company
- Working knowledge of collections and lien holder laws
- Confidentiality requirement–high
- Computer literate in applicable software and hardware applications
- Physical demands include lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. on a random basis, standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time, and bending or stooping
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days)
- The Good. 401(k) with company match
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Bailey Lumber
Bailey Lumber is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.