The Anesthesia Technician I monitors and maintains anesthesia related equipment/supplies. Assists anesthesiologists in line placement, inductions and other procedures as needed. Responsible for stocking and maintaining par levels of all anesthesia supplies/equipment, intravenous fluids, and medications. Performs anesthesia changeovers between cases and assists with room turnovers and terminal cleaning. Prepares and sets up equipment for anesthesia procedures; calibrates anesthesia machines.
Performed majority of the time
· Monitors and maintains anesthesia machines and related equipment including calibration and cleaning according to manufacturer’s recommendations and hospital policy.
· Orders and maintains anesthesia supplies medications and equipment.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings in-services and continuing education opportunities.
· Provides care appropriate to the age of patients served (neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) patients based on principles of growth and development and life stages.
· Assists anesthesiologist with line placements, intubations, blood delivery, regional anesthetics and other related procedures as needed.
· Assists with the standardization and monitoring of supplies/equipment to meet patient/physician needs and maximize cost containment opportunities.
· Acts as a liaison between anesthesiologists, staff, management and vendors.
· Assists with transport of patients as necessary
· Asist with turnover of operating rooms in a timely manner
· Participates in weekend call
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of the job:
· Functions in the role of preceptor for new and or orienting staff members.
· Participates in new supply/equipment evaluation and implementation.
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
· Impact limited to the employee.
· High school diploma and/or associate’s degree in related field.
· Previous experience in an acute health care setting and medical terminology.
· Anesthesia Technician/Aide and or O.R. experience
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
· American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS preferred upon hire, and required within 90 days of hire. If not American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certified upon hire, must have current BLS certification through another provider.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
· Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
· Demonstrates proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee’s particular job.
· Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
· Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the critical duties of the position.
· Adjusts promptly and calmly to changes in the work environment; performs well in emergency situations.
· Bilingual skills a plus.
OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, formerly Tuality Healthcare has always been committed to our community. It’s a part of how we care for each other, and part of what makes this place different.
We had a humble start in 1918 when an enterprising woman named Minnie Jones Coy started a small six-bed hospital in her Hillsboro home. She brought together independent physicians under one roof to treat the sick and provide a safe place for mothers to give birth. A century after Minnie made her commitment to the people of Hillsboro, her vision continues as we provide world-class health care to patients.
As part of our affiliation with OHSU Health, we’ve changed our name to Hillsboro Medical Center. This new moniker reflects our expanded services and clinic locations that provide patients living in Hillsboro and western Washington County greater access to primary and specialty care.
Additional Posting Information
Hillsboro Medical Center believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.