We are seeking an Account Executive, Texas with at least 3 years of experience to help us fulfill our mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. This is a remote position.
ACT has adopted relational account management practices in which the Account Executive maintains the account relationship for the life of the account. This individual develops new business, maintains that business, and expands that business through understanding the needs of the client and bringing ACT’s products and services to the client in a manner that achieves the client’s goals and objectives. The Account Executive relies on standard operations and/or client-facing program management to ensure that the delivery of agreed upon solutions satisfies client needs, therefore the Account Executive informs the work of these teams.
This is a remote position that will be located in Texas. Location preference – Houston, Austin, San Antonio area.
What you will be working on:
- Develop and execute account plans to capture new business and maintain existing business of ACT’s standard products and services to K12 school and district clients
- Travel as needed to meet with clients, support trade shows and conferences, attend other meetings, or for personal staff development
- Manage a personal travel budget to maximize face-time with clients in support of assigned sales goals
- Maintain working knowledge of ACT’s and ACT’s key competitors’ products and services
- Manage objections, coordinate orders, and maintain accurate and current account information in the CRM
- Escalate opportunities and cases according to protocols
- Respond to clients in a timely manner
- Prepare for, participate in and sometimes lead internal and/or client meetings using adopted ACT methodologies
- Attend and actively participate in ACT meetings
- Provide progress reports as scheduled by supervisor
- Represent ACT at conferences, trade shows, etc. as directed
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Superior ability to read and interpret written material including the recognition of technical terms and jargon
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to determine logical solutions to complicated problems
- Competence in using computers, devices, and software including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and CRM (preference for salesforce.com)
- Collaboration – work effectively with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Communication – ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization
- Initiative – uses self-starter approach, ability to multi-task, proactively anticipates and acts on information and details needed, completes tasks with little to no direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Education Administration or related area of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- At least three years’ experience in the education and/or assessment industry
- K-12 experience that includes deep knowledge of the state and district landscape within the territory and stay current on the education industry
It’s a plus if you have:
- Account management experience
- District assessment industry experience
- Master’s degree
Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and solid benefit offerings. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a team that has a diverse, extensive background in education with a strong desire to work collaboratively to ensure student success.
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry—helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life’s transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We’re doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we’re all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That’s why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.