Do you excel at building lasting relationships? Do you understand that sales is more about showing your customer the value proposition, than the price? Do you have experience selling industrial products? If you just answered yes to these three questions, we may have just the role you have been dreaming about! Airgas is currently seeking an Account Manager to be based out of Houston, TX. Supporting our Airgas Specialty Products business, the Account Manager will OWN their business for South Texas and Louisiana territory. We are an entrepreneurial company and need someone who will run the business like it is their own business. You will be responsible for enhancing partnerships with your existing customers, building rapport and relationships with prospective customers and maintaining gross margin. Candidates must have the ability to convert prospects into long-term Airgas customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and enhance relationships with current customers.
- Develops, maintains and builds relationships with prospects to keep the sales funnel full. This will include preparing complex bids which showcase our overall value proposition.
- Prepare quotes, supply agreements and internal documentation for orders obtained.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and expense accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong internal business relationships with operations.
- Generate a written territory business plan on a regular basis.
- Maintain sales activity reports through Excel and our internal customer information system.
- Overnight travel required to manage sales territory via car and some air travel.
- Remain flexible to take on other key assignments as requested
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent preferred.
- EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Minimum 3 years of experience in selling industrial, food or chemicals to businesses.
- Related technical knowledge/aptitude is a plus.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability