Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain College of Nursing is pleased to announce new part time teaching opportunities in Microbiology in our undergraduate BSN program at our campus in Houston, TX.
We are currently interviewing candidates to teach in the January 2022 session.
Anatomy & Physiology I-IV with Lab (BIOS-251 thru BIOS-256)
This is a four-course sequence in which human anatomy and physiology are studied using a body systems approach. Coursework emphasizes interrelationships between form and function at the gross and microscopic levels of organization.
- Basic anatomical and directional terminology, muscle tissues, fundamental concepts and principles of cell biology, history and the integumentary and skeletal systems
- Fundamental concepts and principles of the muscular and nervous systems, special senses and the endocrine system
- Cardiovascular, immune and respiratory systems
- Digestive, urinary and reproductive systems
Future teaching opportunities may also availble in the following subject matters:
Introduction to General, Organic & Biological Chemistry with Lab (CHEM-120)
This is a survey course that covers the lower division chemistry disciplines of general and organic chemistry and introduces the upper division discipline of biochemistry.
Fundamentals of Microbiology with Lab (BIOS-242)
This course covers basic concepts of microbiology, with emphasis on medically important microorganisms and infectious diseases.
Courses meet once or twice a week, typically for 2-4 hours per day, courses run in eight-week sessions. Commitment is on a course by course basis.
If you are passionate about helping others learn and advancing your career through the power of education, we want to talk with you today.
In this role, you will:
- Become part of a dynamic team of educational professionals, teaching nursing students in a dynamic classroom/lab setting
- Implement and embrace Chamberlain College’s Care philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students
- Establish an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experience
- Identify opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance
- Promote student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence
- Engage with a diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation
- Foster a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies
- Participate in curriculum development discussions, support campus events including orientation and graduation, open houses
- Enhance the learning environment by engaging in research, scholarship, service and academic advising
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you:
- Earned a master’s or doctorate degree with a minimum of 18 or more graduate credit hours earned directly in Anatomy & Physiology.
- Have taught or been told you’re a “natural” at teaching and helping others learn
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required to teach at the campus
- Possess genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
- Have a strong work ethic, learn from mistakes, build positive spirit and always look for a better way
- Put the team first, appreciate diverse points of view, assume positive intent, collaborate and communicate openly
- Are able to provide official transcripts for all earned degrees from a regionally accredited institution
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 23 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.