The Accounting Clerk, Corporate Accounting assists in the daily operations of the Accounts Payable and General Ledger team, including but not limited to processing invoices and preparing general accounting journal entries as assigned, monthly closing and accounting analysis and supporting the Corporate Accounting team.
ESSENTIAL/ NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists Accounts Payable team at all levels as needed including but not limited to expense report processing, invoice processing (including scanning, routing , coding, ) ,assist with vendor inquiries as needed, vendor setup and profile maintenance , 1099 processing, 1042 processing, unclaimed property compliance and backup support for the Accounts Payables supervisor and team. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling balance sheet accounts to include but not limited to bank accounts reconciliations and miscellaneous asset and liability accounts (e.g. DFC, 401k payable, NQDC payable, Foreign payroll tax, Accrued property taxes, etc.)
- Responsible for monthly recurring and allocation journal entries as assigned.
- Assist higher level staff at all levels as needed.
- Assists with the review of intercompany billings for completeness and accuracy and collecting proper support for monthly intercompany billings.
- Assists with the monthly review and distribution of department profit and loss statements and actuals vs. forecast variance analysis to include preparing any adjustment entries identified during the review process or communicated by the department heads.
- Collects and understands responses from the department managers for explanations on unusual items and actuals vs forecast variances.
- Assists in interim and year-end audit requests and audit schedules as assigned, both for internal and external audits.
- Stays in compliance with internal financial accounting controls to include Accounts Payable controls.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Required Education and Experience:
3 – 5 years’ experience working in an office environment and assisting Accounts Payable and General Ledger accounting
Preferred Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree in accounting or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Supervises others: No
Has hiring and terminating responsibilities: No
Number of employees report to this job: 0 Subordinate Supervisory Employees, 0 Non-Supervisory Employees
Travels: Minimal, as needed
Percent of time: Up to 5% of time
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
Communication Skills: Good Communication skills
Mathematical Skills: General Math Skills
Reasoning Skills/Abilities: General problem solving for routine, non-complex tasks
- Ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Working knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Ability to prepare, maintain and audit financial and statistical records
- Attention to detail
- Work late to meet deadlines, OT required
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.