Purpose: Safely uncrate furniture and assemble correctly without damaging the merchandise.
Reports to: Lead Pen Supervisor and Building Three (3) Warehouse Manager
- Safely uncrate and assemble furniture, using tools, and inspect merchandise for signs of damage.
- Read delivery sticker to compare with barcode on merchandise and verify all information matches.
- Ability to affix barcode on assembled merchandise and place completed and cleaned merchandise in designated set-up area and attach gliders to the bottom of each piece.
- Sweep and clean work area throughout the day, maintain 5s standards.
- Use of a box cutter to open merchandise and breakdown packaging.
- General warehouse duties including cleaning and trash disposal.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Communication, reading and writing skills in English
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with others.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to work independently
- Able to adapt to changes in job duties and work environment
- Basic knowledge of Star warehouse system and operations.
- Ability to use a broom, dustpan, box cutter, safety glove and assemble tools.
- Basic lifting techniques for heavy or awkward objects.
- Wear uniform, steel-toed boots, back support.
- Basic lifting techniques for pushing, pulling, and lifting heavy objects.
- Weight of furniture is 50-150 pounds and is usually pushed in the racks and or on to a float.
- In an 8-hour workday associate may stand or/and walk 8 hours on concrete flooring
- In an 8-hour workday associate may sit from 0-30 minutes.
- Associate may use hands for repetitive motions of lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling for 5-6 hours
- Associate may frequently bend, twist, squat, climb or reach from 4-6 hours.
- Approximate percentage of time required for stamina is 100%, seeing 100%, talking 100%.
- Hearing 100% while on the job.
- Capable of working in a warehouse environment and physically handling the hot and cold climactic changes.
- Florescent lighting for 8-hours.
- Exposure to diesel fumes and dust in an open-air environment.
- Safety glasses, dust mask and plastic gloves are provided to associate for use upon request.
- Be alert for industrial vehicle traffic.
What Star Offers:
- A Friendly, Professional Work Environment
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits program, including health care options (medical, telemedicine, dental and vision)
- Generous Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Life Insurance Options
(waiting periods may apply to the above)
Location: 16666 Barker Springs Road, Houston, Texas 77084
Equal Opportunity Employer