Who are we, and what do we do? At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Analytical R&D Team (ARDT) within Crop Protection Discovery & Development in Indianapolis, IN, USA, is seeking an Analytical Chemist to conduct research activities in support of process chemistry, development and formulations. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative crop protection products using state of the art analytical tools. A fundamental understanding of HPLC, GC, and/or mass spectrometry and the ability to lead and develop technical expertise for this key scientific discipline are required for success. Opportunity to expand analytical capabilities through fundamental research and its application to problem solving and method development are essential to this role. Contributions are needed for discovery, process development, registration, and commercialization of new active ingredients and formulated products. Candidates will need to lead a full range of analytical research from identification of new technologies to optimization of existing methodologies. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and growing your career.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide scientific direction and drive analytical method development technologies.
- Plan and successfully execute analytical strategies and methods to support process chemistry, formulations and manufacturing.
- Strong collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and implementing new methodologies and technologies.
- Partner and collaborate with project teams to identify analytical needs and deliver solutions.
- Lead research and development of new separation science capabilities.
- Effectively communicate and document progress of projects and timelines to diverse team members and stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional projects and represent ARDT on cross-functional project teams.
- Advocate for excellence in analytical science with scientists throughout the company.
- Assist with proper application of all relevant analytical techniques to project goals to assure optimal methodology is applied to obtain the best data as efficiently as possible
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or related field with 3 years of relevant work experience is preferred; MS or BS with 5-10 years relevant experience will be considered.
- Extensive experience applying HPLC, GC, and/or mass spectrometry for analytical method development, analysis, and problem solving is required.
- In-depth knowledge in analytical and separation sciences; theory, application and instrumentation is required.
- Experience in a high throughput environment managing large number of samples/projects and associated data preferred.
- Proficiency in utilizing scientific methodology to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to manage a broad scope of activities including but not limited to: conducting experiments, participating effectively in a team environment, assisting scientists from other disciplines with experimental design, and managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, peers, plant personnel, R&D, scale-up personnel, and industrial experts.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, networking, and computer skills to extract, evaluate data, and make sound technical decisions.
- Ability to communicate and document research results in reports, presentations and publications
- Ability to translate complex data into clear objectives and establish practical action plans.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
- Insert optional campus/community paragraphs about location, community engagement, and amenities of our campus/site
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!