Pet Doctors of America is an AAHA accredited, fear-free practice seeking an experienced and highly motivated veterinary technician to join our growing team. The successful candidate will share our belief in delivering the highest quality professional animal healthcare for our patients while providing an exceptional client experience. Applicant should be skilled in the following areas: blood drawing, catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia, surgery, dentistry, lab work, pharmacy and nursing care.
We have the following tools and equipment at our fingertips:
- Double Surgical Suites
- Two Wet Treatment Tables Oxygen Cage
- Two Oxygen Generators
- IDEXX diagnostic labs and in house diagnostic equipment
- Digital Radiography
- Sopix Digital Dental Radiography
- Companion Laser Therapy GE Portable Ultrasound Machine
- Our four exam rooms are equipped with laptop computers and 42“ televisions
- Isolation room with separate ventilation and a fenced area dedicated for isolation patients
- Full Cornerstone Integration
We have two veterinarians in our practice that treat exotics such as: rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, hedgehogs, lizards, snakes, turtles, etc..
We see emergencies, internal medicine cases, preventative medicine appointments, and perform surgeries such as gastronomy, enterotomy, gastropexy, splenectomy, cystotomy, mass removals, and dental cleanings with complicated surgical extractions. We also provide neonatal care, pediatric care, and geriatric care.
Our two hospitals are located at 14471 Beach Blvd in Jacksonville and 1103 3rd Street S in Jacksonville Beach (they are about 7 minutes apart from each other). The position is for both clinics.
We ARE WILLING TO TRAIN the right candidate; if you are new to the business but passionate about animal care, we are here to help you realize your dream!
The Veterinary Technician supports hospital operations by providing dedicated quality veterinary care and exceptional service to our patients and clients. You will assist in providing patient care, conducting examinations, assisting during surgery, provide nursing care, and maintaining patient medical records.
- Determine animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medications, drugs, and vaccines, and bandaging and wrapping wounds.
- Support patient examinations and operations by assembling required supplies and instruments, securing and bringing patients to examination rooms, and restraining patients.
- Fill prescriptions and administer medications, including proper documentation, logging and security of controlled drugs.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures in compliance with applicable legal regulations.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients’ conditions, reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and digital radiology.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Two or more years of experience with veterinary appointments performing above duties.
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT), Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT), Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), or the Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician (LVMT) preferred.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holidays.
How to Apply
Pet Doctors of America offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision paid vacation/sick days (for F/T employees only), 401 (k), paid uniforms, generous employee pet care discounts, and a tuition reimbursement plan.
Please apply online through PetVetCareers.com
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.