Responsible for managing existing accounts and developing potential accounts within an assigned territory (Kansas, W. MO) by prospecting, and presenting to customers. Develops appropriate sales strategies to target specific clients. Interacts with other sales functions to develop/share strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of an existing or potential client’s business in determining VNA capabilities in presenting a range of services and options in disposal methodologies.
- Create effective and professional presentations and appropriate quotations for existing and/or prospective customers in identifying, selling, and developing beneficial relations on a long-term basis.
- Work with other sales orientated professional in researching and developing services, pricing, and quotations on complex customer accounts.
- Determine pricing strategies based on client’s current needs utilizing innovative solutions to retain clients.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to influence management and support staff in communicating achievement of common goals and objectives to promote sales opportunities.
- Develop regional sales criteria while maintaining and/or lowering operational costs through contract negotiations.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Prior sales experience of 1 to 3 years in the hazardous waste industry preferred
- Valid drivers license
- OSHA HAZWOPER Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Computer proficient
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily guidance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively present information
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Understanding of VNA operational facilities in demonstrating to clients the high level of managing and maintaining hazardous waste in accordance with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.