Get To Know Us:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Established in 1985 by Mitchell Morgan, Morgan Properties is a national real estate investment and management company headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Morgan Properties and its affiliates currently own and manage a multifamily portfolio comprised of over 350 apartment communities and over 90,000 units located in 20 states. The Company is the nation’s largest private multifamily owner, with over 2,500 employees. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every person is valued. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What you will be doing:
The Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper maintains the accounts receivable work flow by managing and processing payments, charges and dispositions of accounts receivable accounts. In addition, maintain accurate resident account receivable ledgers.
Maintain accounts receivable records, recording and posting Yardi deposits.
Establishes and maintains close working relationships with Regional Managers, Property Managers and other field personnel to ensure the accounts receivable properly reflects the operations. Function as liaison between the home office and property/regional employees.
Responsible for reviewing site originated transactions including dispositions, monthly gross potential rent, uncollectable rent, collections, pre-paids, and accounts receivable balances.
Research site inquiries regarding resident balance issues with the property managers.
Post employee rent checks and in-house deposits.
Post and receive Housing Authority rent checks and Housing direct deposit wires.
Process security deposits dispositions on a weekly basis, both refunds and final balance due plus remittance of notification to 3rd party collection agency.
Daily recording of NSF fees and other bank reversals from several online sources
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the receivable and security deposit clearing accounts.
- Review and reconcile miscellaneous income GL accounts.
- Reconciliation of month end accounts receivable accounts with the general ledger. Prepare general ledger journal entries as needed.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in accounts receivable entries, documents and reports.
- Posts monthly site late fees.
- Prepare and send monthly renewal letters including states requiring certificate of mailing. Attach all renewal letters to resident screen thru YARDI correspondence process.
- Post automatic renewals in Yardi.
- Verification of employee apartments and the payment of these rents within the resident ledger.
- Complete accounts receivable month end closing.
- Prepare account analysis as required.
- Maintain A/R files as it relates to the above.
- Participate in new acquisition due diligence including on site lease audits.
- Audit all new move in leases to verify lease dates, rates, security deposits and other pertinent information. Follow up with managers regarding discrepancies.
Associates degree in Business, Accounting, or related field and/or 2-3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel Spreadsheets.
- Yardi experience a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Pleasant demeanor and good phone skills required.
- Employee referral payment program
- Educational Enhancement Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life/ AD&D Insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) Plan
- Discount on an apartment with any one of our properties
- Free access to pool and fitness center
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.