Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Properly pays all accounts and posts invoices to provide accurate management reports.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reviews payable invoices for accuracy and matches to the purchase order submitted for authorization of purchase.
- Corresponds or communicates with vendors when necessary to correct or modify invoices received.
- Codes payable invoices with correct general ledger codes to ensure proper entry into computer.
- Batches pre-coded invoices by adding invoices together on calculator, enters into computer, and runs related reports. Balances with calculator tape to ensure accuracy of posting. Updates the balanced postings to the general ledger.
- Processes manual checks on a daily basis for payment requests that have been pre-approved. Processes computer generated checks weekly for vendor invoices.
- On a monthly basis, produces all reports for month-end processing to ensure an accurate accounting of all invoices outstanding at month-end. Balances reports with the corresponding general ledger accounts.
- Organizes and files all invoices and checks to properly maintain an orderly and accurate filing system.
- Assists with the data entry of general journal entries when it is requested or required for balancing accounts.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: No previous experience required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.“