Full Time; 80 Hours Per Pay Period
Covenant Health is East Tennessee’s top-performing healthcare network with 10 hospitals and over 85 outpatient and specialty services, and Covenant Medical Group, our area’s fastest-growing physician practice division. Headquartered in Knoxville, Covenant Health is a community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system and the area’s largest employer with over 11,000 employees.
Covenant Health is the only healthcare system in East Tennessee to be named six times by Forbes as a Best Employer.
Works under the general supervision of the manager of the central pack program. Supports the department by preparing and providing custom procedure packs according to prescribed procedures and aseptic technique. Maintains a clean environment and sufficient inventory, to complete requests and dispense first quality sterile custom procedure packs to our customers.
- Supports department by pulling and preparing raw goods to assemble and wrap custom procedure packs following established department guidelines.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance from receiving to shipping of all raw and finished products, including but not limited to, FIFO inventory method, material integrity, lot documentation and assuring all products included in boxing.
- Proper use and operation of warehouse equipment, such as pallet jack and electric fork lift.
- Responsible for appropriate documentation of Device History Record and the Non-Conformance Manual in accordance with department Standard Operating Procedure and FDA Regulations.
- Required to aid in the cycle count and physical inventory processes as directed.
- Proper cleaning and monitoring of indirect impact equipment per department protocol.
- Provides training and education to peers on topics such as Device History Record, Device Master Record and the Quality SOP.
- Responsible for dispensing raw material and custom finished packs according to department protocols. Ensuring accuracy by assigning priority to request and issuing required packs.
- Promotes a clean and organized work environment as prescribed by department SOP.
- Supports department by attending all mandatory in-services and staff meetings
- Responsible to support and uphold a high ethical standard with respect to business and professional conduct while in the employment of Covenant Health.
- Responsible for endorsing, supporting and exemplifying the vision, values and purpose statement of covenant Health and the CH Sterile Solutions department.
Minimum Education: None specified; will accept any combination of formal education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given to individuals possessing a HS diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience: None, Sterile Processing Technician or Medical Industry Custom Pack Assembly preferred.
Licensure Requirement: None