Our Vision is to be the best choice for healthcare in our community
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
Job Summary: Department in Land O’ Lakes is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to work Full-Time, Monday- Friday.
WHAT DOES FMC HAVE TO OFFER ITS EMPLOYEES?
We offer a wide choice of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best. From competitive salaries to retirement plans. We make every effort to take care of the people who make our company great.
- Gives you an employer that you will have pride in working for
- Provides excellent training programs and opportunities for growth
Offers Medical Benefits including:
- Employer Contributions to HSA high deductible plan
- Discounts at our medical facilities
- Cigna Open Access OAPIN & OAP plans
- Supports Incentive based Wellness Programs
- Offers company sponsored Life Insurance with buy-up provisions
- Provides Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Accident & Illness policy options
- Supports Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Gives generous 401K plan with annual 3% Employer contribution after one year of employment
- Values and appreciates its employees
- Boasts a reputation for superior health care and quality service
Manages and processes all aspects of Accounts Payable and Purchasing invoices. Receives and processes all incoming mail and answers incoming phone calls. Candidate must be PC Proficient including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Great Plains. The candidate will need to have effective oral and written communication skills and a thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and the use of office equipment and programs. The candidate must be detail oriented with excellent data entry skills and flexible enough to multi task. Knowledge of Document Management system would be a plus. Department in Land O’ Lakes is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to work Full Time, Monday- Friday.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Process incoming mail and distribute to appropriate areas
- Open and date stamp all interoffice and outside mail
- Print emailed and online invoices for payment
- Separate accounts payable from purchasing mail and match backup
Assist in preparing invoices for payment
- Match accounts payable invoices with backup paperwork and obtain approvals if not pre-approved.
- Code with vendor ID, general ledger and department codes.
- Review for sales taxes, past due amounts, applicable discounts for early payment
- Verify correct submission address and due date
- Problem solve errors on invoices for clean payment
- Receive credit card statements, match with backup and obtain backup not received
Process approved AP and Purchasing invoices for payment according to established protocol and schedules
- Batch invoices by due date for data entry and put into alpha order
- Review coding on invoices
- Identify credits received and follow up for proper coding
- Manual entry of A/P and Purchasing bank auto debits
- Data entry of all invoices, including tagging and scanning for electronic storage
- Review and edit AP and Purchasing batches before final processing
- After proper protocol for approval of check runs, print and distribute accounts payable checks, maintaining check logs
- Responsible for resolving problems with invoices and researching issues with vendors.
Responsible for resolving purchasing received/not invoiced report
Process Sun Trust ESP Card Pay
- Pulls all invoices from vendors under the card pay program
- Properly code, tag, scan and key invoices into accounting system
- Review and edit Card Pay and Card Purch payables transactions edit list before final processing of batches
- After proper protocol for approval for the printing and posting of the Card Pay/Card Purch batches, checks printed and posted
- Provides checks and reports pertaining to the runs to the Accounting Supervisor for upload to the Sun Trust platform.
- Maintains hourly, daily, weekly and monthly assigned duties
Assist in maintenance of spreadsheets and update as necessary for copiers, annual taxes, utilities deposits etc.
- Monitor office supplies on hand and write up necessary in-house or purchasing requisitions and submit to Supervisor for approval and submission to Admin
- Respond to Directors requests for copies of expense documentation.
- Perform any other accounting duties requested by Manager, Supervisor.
Requirements of Position:
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- Experience in Accounting
- PC proficient to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and use of office equipment and programs
- Detail oriented
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Flexible enough to multitask
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status