ABOUT WESTGATE RESORTS
Westgate Resorts provides a diverse range of vacation experiences. From sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to snow-covered Utah mountains, families can affordably experience the country’s most desirable vacation destinations. A world leader in the timeshare and hospitality industry, Westgate has resorts in Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Westgate meets every vacation expectation, for every family, for every budget. As we continue growing, we will continue offering the best and most-affordable vacation options out there!
General Ledger is responsible for the review of all related financial statements for certain assigned divisions of the Casino and Resort.
Role and Responsibilities: (Includes but is not limited to the following)
- Using numerous sources of information/data to produce reports/documentation that ensure compliance with internal and external standards.
- Research and report on any request to the controller or assistant controller
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for reviewing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the Staff Accountants, checking their work for accuracy and assisting them with questions and/or problems.
- Reviews the trial balance and related financial statements for certain assigned divisions of the Resort and preparing adjusting journal entries correcting incorrect accounting entries.
Performance Requirements: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Experience with fixed assets, prepaid account amortization schedules, business licenses, and various expense accruals, such as payroll and accounts payable.
- Candidates must have intermediate skills with 10-key, MS Office particularly MS Excel, G/L financial system applications. Experience in Infinium preferred
- The ability to read, write and speak English professionally is required. Professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Candidates must be a strong team player but also able to work independently to complete assigned workload and tasks.
- Good analytical skills preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Typical physical / mental demands
Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete financial reports and communicate with other employees. Ability to walk/stand and work 25% of shift walking a maximum of 1/2 mile. Ability to climb stairs up and down to access accounting area. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Two or more years of accounting experience preferably in General Ledger, Accounts Payable, or Public Accounting
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.