Remote – Work From Home – Accounts Receivable / Billing Specialist
Fast Pace Health strives to provide a best in class patient experience in every interaction. We are seeking a highly-skilled, experience Billing Specialist to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be deeply committed to nurturing our Fast Pace mission of teamwork, communication, empowerment and quality care in a friendly and encouraging environment.
Fast Pace Health aims to push for a new vision of healthcare in rural communities that will consist of an array of different services. We are changing the delivery of healthcare in these rural areas by integrating excellent patient care, education, accessibility, and community service, in a way that puts the patient’s needs first and improves the health status of our communities.
Why Choose Fast Pace Health?
Fast Pace Health is a growing company! You will have the support and mentoring you need to become the best Billing Specialist you can be! We will help you grow your professional goals, and can offer you a rewarding career path. We work as a dynamic team to surpass our business goals by ensuring our patients receive the best care possible in a positive environment.
-We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as holiday pay, PTO, medical, dental, vision and Work-Life balance, to name a few.
– As a Fast Pace Health employee you will have the opportunity to participate in community events and outreach programs. This includes, but is not limited to, seasonal parades, book drives, festivals, trunk or treating, fun runs, and more. We dress up for holidays and celebrate with pot lucks. At Fast Pace, our community is our family, and we are a family first community.
Below, we have provided a high level view of what the role entails, with the complete job description discussed in detail during our interviewing process.
- Performs daily on collecting and managing of outstanding accounts, to include following up with insurance companies, reconciling accounts, filing corrected claims, appealing claims (when appropriate), and following up on all denials to ensure processing/reprocessing, and payments.
- Collaborates with Supervisor Claims Escalation and Manager of Claim Escalation, to report denial trends to ensure proper claim resolution.
- Collaborates with patients, vendors, and internal departments to resolve conflicts on accounts and resolve any outstanding claims for unapplied/unidentified invoices.
- Ensures accuracy in claims escalation (denials management) while adhering to all regulations.
- Ensures adherence to objectives, operating policies and procedures, and strategic action plans for achieving goals.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties including, but not limited to: answering phones, faxing, and filing.
- Responsible for learning the aspects of compliance in the company by completing all mandatory compliance training.
- Able to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers, and managers.
- Adheres to the Core Values of Fast Pace Health, of teamwork, communication, empowerment, quality of care, and friendliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Experience Requirements and Preferences:
1-3 years in Claims Escalation (AR Denials) in a healthcare setting.
High School Diploma or Its Equivalent
No License Required
Fast Pace Health is committed to the principle of equal employment and creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct.
Please refer to the links below for information regarding your rights under certain federal laws:
Mississippi Residents Only:
In Mississippi, Fast Pace requires pre-employment/drug/alcohol testing as a condition of employment. The law requires that Fast Pace notify applicants, in writing, upon application and prior to the collection of the specimen for drug and alcohol test, that they may be tested for “the presence of drugs [or alcohol] in their metabolites.” Miss. Code. Ann. § 71-7-3(5).
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.