Ferrellgas is looking to add an Accounts Payable Assistant to the team. Under general supervision, this position will process payable invoices, including verifying invoice information and data entry. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring company employees understand the policies and processes related to the processing of invoices, expense reports, petty cash, customer refunds and purchasing card charges.
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid time off (including holidays)
- Paid training
- Propane discounts
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Manually inputs or uploads payable invoices, expense reports, check requests, etc. conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and issues
- Handles vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Opening department mail, scanning, and emailing to assigned desks
- Filing batches, and prepare for document retention
- Scanning BOL’s and indexing
- Assists in compiling information and preparing response to auditors during annual external and internal audits
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounts Payable Manager and Accounting Department.
- Meets team and department goals and deadlines as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- High volume invoice processing.
- Problem solver with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking.
- Strong PC skills in Excel and Word.
- A true team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- 10-key by touch.
- Previous customer service experience.
- PeopleSoft and SalesForce experience is a plus.
Why work for Ferrellgas? We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in the propane industry. Ranked consistently as one of the top propane suppliers in the country, Ferrellgas is in the business of providing meaningful moments. Memories full of warmth, dependability you can trust, and outcomes you had only dreamed possible.
Ferrellgas has been recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in America. Please visit our Life at Ferrellgas page for more information.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.