Is accounting your bowl of cat nip? If you’re a tech savvy accounting pro ready to fetch in a high volume, paperless, ERP-driven team, apply today!
As Accounts Payable Associate, you’re PAWsitively passionate about exceptional, neighborly service while processing invoices timely and accurately using established accounting principles and company guidelines. You will assist the Accounts Payable Manager with day to day accounts payable functions such as vendor set up, research and problem resolution and vendor payments.
The Accounts Payable Associate key responsibilities include:
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in price or quantity arising from 3-way match (P.O-Receipt-Invoice).
- Accurately enter all non-inventory invoices – (e.g.; repair & maintenance, outside services etc.).
- Ensure proper invoice approvals within company guidelines.
- Identify errors or discrepancies and resolve before processing.
- Process employee expense reports and check requests within company guidelines.
- Reconcile and resolve any outstanding balances on vendor statements.
- Proactively follow-up with vendors on outstanding credit memos.
- Research and resolve exceptions from automated invoice or EDI importing.
- Liaise with stores regarding invoice approvals and resolution of exceptions.
- Review and reconcile landlord CAM/Tax/Ins Reconciliations.
- Ensure all deadlines are met including but not limited to month end close, payment cycles, and other vendor requirements.
- Research and respond to both internal and external customer requests and questions.
- Act as primary contact for communicating with vendors regarding invoicing issues and payment questions.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Identify and provide recommendations for continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of the AP function.
- Assist with various audit requests.
- Support the Accounts Payable Manager with various task and completion of ad hoc requests.
PAWsome Accounts Payable Associate candidates will have:
- Minimum 2-5 years in Accounts Payable or similar experience including experience with 3 way match and high volume of transactions.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proactive and confident communications at all levels.
- Ability to manage priorities and time, effectively.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is preferred.
About Pet Supplies Plus
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 590 locations in 38 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 61 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2021 Franchise 500® list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com.