CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Designer based in our Los Angeles office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support in the areas of design, selection, coordination and detailing of architectural materials and systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with conceptual design, construction documents, material research, code analysis and preliminary specifications.
- Review shop drawing submittals under the direction of the Project Architect.
- Prepare and develop elevations, wall sections and section details.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program. Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional related work experience required; excluding student internships
- Previous experience on mid-to-large scale science & technology and/or education projects preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit is required.
- Proficiency in Rhino, Enscape, Bluebeam Studio and other graphics/design applications a plus.
- A strong creative design portfolio is essential, as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, and organizational skills
- Must have ability to handle multiple projects.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It’s not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.