EVgo (NASDAQ: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 65 metropolitan areas across 34 states and more than 250,000 customers. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations, and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
The Accounting Manager is a hands-on position, reporting to the Controller. This position will lead and support the overall accounting operations. Essential duties include month end closing, variance and reserve analysis, supervision of the AR processes, assuring adherence to SOX compliance, and accurate preparation of financial accounting results. EVgo is seeking a highly capable individual who is comfortable working in a constantly evolving and dynamic environment while conducting their work with efficiency, accuracy, and integrity.
- Lead and participate in implementing/improving processes and controls
- Ensure transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed, and supported in accordance with company policies, GAAP, and internal controls
- Perform SOX compliance activities such as reconciliations of related systems, verifying data completeness and accuracy, and validate system and GL results
- Manage accounts receivable, revenue recognition, deferred revenue, intangibles, and prepaids
- Oversee maintenance of the fixed asset ledgers and Lease Accounting
- Reconcile and /or review general ledger accounts, roll-forward schedules; investigate variances
- Complete data analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Contribute to the monthly close process inclusive of accruals, journal entry postings, etc.
- Provide guidance, training, and development to the accounting staff
- Participate in and support financial and tax audits as necessary
- Other special projects or duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA, or highly qualified CPA candidates preferred
- Minimum 6 years of progressive accounting experience; with 2 years of experience as an Accounting Manager
- Prefer candidates with experience in a public company, the post-IPO process, and proper implementation of internal controls
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and management communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; highly analytical and resourceful
- Excel proficiency including advanced quantitative/data functions
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of SOX and requirements to be compliant
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid leadership presence in leading, managing, and motivating the accounting team through complexity and high growth phase
- Experience with fixed assets, equity, stock compensation, consolidations, and intercompany transactions preferred
- Experience with NetSuite, Certify, Costar, UBS Stock Admin, DocuPeak preferred
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.