Felix is a luxury lifestyle magazine currently serving Chicago, Los Angeles and New York. The pages of this glossy publication cover the latest trends in fashion, fine dining, nightlife, arts and culture. Featuring ultra luxe fashion profiles, restaurants, and the season’s must-have accessories from the world’s top writers and stylists.
Luxe Media, LLC and Felix Magazine are the marketing names of The Aparecio Foundation, NFP (“TAF”). Luxe Media, LLC. is committed to developing a fun and productive work culture that is conducive to positive results!
We offer a uniquely open environment that demands initiative and imagination from every single team member that are heard, tested, and genuinely empowered to lead by example and create lasting impacts on our organization, its programs, and the community.
The Art Director assists in the execution of the artistic vision of the magazine. Collaborates with Felix Magazine Editorial Staff to conceive ideas for all front of book pages. Creates detailed sketches of concepts for photo shoots. Clearly articulates photo concepts with FOB photographers and editors. Initiates and organizes FOB pre-arts. Oversees and color corrects art that is ready for hi res. Executes layouts in a timely fashion. Gives constructive feedback to designers working on layouts. Keeps the FOB pages flowing in order to meet the revolving closes. Researches photos as needed. Always ready for a design challenge, designing new pages or reinventing and improving existing layouts.
- A passion for women’s economic opportunities
- Must be a full or part-time student and working toward a degree
- Must be eligible to receive school credit and commit to 2-3 days a week for 3 months or a college graduate with 1+ years experience
- Excellent command of the English language
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously
- Ability to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- Integrity, honesty, openness and a willingness to operate as a team player
- Must have solid understanding of studio and location photography, lighting, production, and the printing process
- Must consistently exhibit sharp design skills
- Must be highly experienced in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.