Administrative Assistant III
Los Angeles, CA
Job ID 2021-5281
Solugenix is assisting a client, a prestigious and large investment management company in their search for a Administrative Assistant III. This is a 3-month contract opportunity based out of Los Angeles, CA.
The level III Administrative Assistant demonstrates thorough knowledge in the assigned area and works under direction only as needed. The Assistant provides administrative support to senior managers and may also provide administrative support to a broader department or team.
- Requires 5+ years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of high complexity.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize assigned work and complete promptly.
- Demonstrates effective and professional service orientation and builds rapport with internal and external contacts.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to evaluate and appropriately address privacy and confidentiality concerns when dealing with others.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software and applies it to work assignments, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of department’s function and applies it to work assignments.
- The Assistant independently manages a range of tasks and acts as first point of contact for internal and external queries.
- Provides administrative support.
- Extensively manages calendars. Plans, negotiates and schedules meetings to accommodate manager and others.
- Uses discretion and judgment to determine the priority of meetings.
- Reschedules existing meetings if needed to accommodate meetings with more urgency. Keeps managers informed of upcoming appointments and deadlines.
- Coordinates meetings with internal associates and external contacts.
- Schedule’s meeting rooms, visitor passes, and equipment as required.
- Meets, greets and escorts visitors, meeting attendees and candidates.
- Drafts, collects and distributes supporting documentation.
- May compile minutes and distribute follow up materials as required.
- Manages complex travel arrangements.
- Reserve’s transport and accommodations taking into consideration manager preferences, cost and timing implications.
- Ensures that managers have necessary paperwork for travel (tickets, confirmation numbers, visas, itineraries).
- Completes business expense claims promptly and follows up on reimbursements if necessary.
- Produces general correspondence, reports and presentations. May create documents transcribing from voicemail, recordings or in-person meetings.
- Develops appropriate formats and checks for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence (post, email, etc.); handles routine issues directly and prioritizes remainder.
- Covers telephones and takes accurate written messages and notes. Provides back-up for other administrative assistants.
- Creates and maintains lists, files and databases to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Organizes and maintains information that may be sensitive, confidential or technical.
- Audits records for discrepancies and reconciles issues as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities to improve work processes/flow to leverage own and department’s workload.
- Keeps abreast of internal administrative policies, practices and guidelines (e.g., conference call and WebEx best practices, travel and expense guidelines, Office Services processes, etc.).
- May order supplies and equipment and handle incoming invoices.
- May track, gather, maintain and compile market or internal information, and generate reports.
- May conduct basic analysis and auditing.
- May conduct data analyses and presents findings using graphs, charts, diagrams and tables for inclusion in reports, brochures and presentations.
- May train other administrative support staff on general responsibilities and provide work direction on day-to-day issues.
- Acts as first point of contact for the team or department.
- Serves as first point of contact for inquiries. Assesses level of urgency, determines business nature and identifies what inquiries need to be directed to particular team members.
- Responds to internal and external queries concerning guidelines, procedures or operations. Uses knowledge of the function and manager’s role to independently resolve issues for managers, escalating and redirecting more technical inquiries as appropriate.
- Proactively develops relationships with key internal and external contacts to source information or redirect inquiries appropriately.
- May work on special projects as assigned.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
About the Client
Our client is an American financial services company. It ranks among the world’s oldest and largest investment management organizations. They have offices globally.
For over 50 years, Solugenix has been a global technology development and services firm with locations in California, Arizona, India, and the Dominican Republic. As a pioneer in Professional Staffing and IT Consulting, we have partnered with some of the biggest global corporations across many industries. Our history was built on a foundation of partnerships with global brands like McDonald’s, Microsoft, CIT Group, Johnson & Johnson, Herbalife, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and many others who look to Solugenix to be their trusted partner in providing professional staffing, non-IT, and IT solutions.
We live our core values in everything that we do, starting with “doing the right thing” for our employees/contractors and “committing to client success.” This is a big part of how we continue to make lists like “2019 Forbes Small Giants”. We also forge strategic partnerships with vendors and corp-to-corp candidates (C2C) that share our core values and encourage you to partner with us.
In addition to generating ground-breaking, industry-defining solutions for our clients and our own projects, we partner with clients with whom we share core values and a common professional culture to help them find talent for their valuable opportunities. At Solugenix, we invest in the personal development and growth of every individual. While this is a position with one of our esteemed clients, Solugenix will continue to invest in your personal growth and development, providing you with a successful career as well as ensuring client success.