Who Are We?
Altar’d State is a rapidly growing women’s fashion brand with more than 100 boutiques throughout the country. We are a place of respite for the modern-day woman and offer a distinctive shopping experience with the latest fashion finds, the most sought-after clothing and accessories and delightful home decor. At the heart of our brand is our mission to change the world. A portion of every purchase is donated to various philanthropic organizations on a local and global scale. We strive to uplift and inspire others to join our movement to stand out. for good. Our culture is Passionate, Committed, Entrepreneurial, Caring, Driven, Confident and Trusting.
“Stand Out. For Good”. At Altar’d State, those four words are more than just than just our motto, they are why we exist. From Mission Mondays, where 10% of our net proceeds go directly to local charitable organizations, to our long-standing partnership with Coprodeli USA, in which we are in the process of building 22 schools for impoverished communities in Peru, we are committed to giving back in meaningful ways to those in need.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for receiving and processing invoices from all areas of the business with a focus on maintaining vendor relations and providing best-in-class service to our internal business partners. As part of the finance team, this is an exciting opportunity to start a career at a fast-paced, growing company and learn about all aspects of the business through partnership with leaders of all departments and their vendors. This position offers growth opportunities into other accounting and finance areas.
- Receiving and processing invoices within Intacct for all areas of the business.
- Ensuring all vendors are paid on time and maintaining excellent vendor relations with our partners.
- Maintaining the vendor listing, including managing payment terms and payment methods.
- Understanding vendor use tax and making judgements around invoices requiring use tax.
- Working closely with external providers for submissions of property taxes.
- Reconciling store bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Recording journal entries for daily operational items and month-end closing procedures.
- Participating in month-end close activities.
- Managing the fixed assets for all of the stores, including capitalizing items from new stores and IT initiatives.
- Reconciling various balance sheet accounts.
- Organizing and maintaining the safe keeping of documents.
- Coordinating with external auditors for documentation needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Strong verbal and advanced written communication skills
- Strong guest service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to independently handle multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgement
- Able to work well independently, yet also able to collaborate well with fellow associates
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.