Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida (PPSENFL) believes that reproductive self-determination and the right to privacy are core human freedoms. Our mission is to provide comprehensive sexual health care through the provision of education, advocacy and clinical services that are affordable, accessible and available to all women, men and youth in the community, regardless of the individual’s income, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or residence.
If you love the idea of making an impact on the community with a strong mission oriented organization, we want to hear from you! You will be an integral part of our culture which fosters a commitment to our workplace values: respect, caring, support, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility.
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner for Miami Dade County
The NURSE PRACTITIONER under the supervision of the Associate Medical Director and VP Clinical care, provides comprehensive women’s health care in the areas of gynecology, sexually transmitted disease, family planning/contraceptive counseling and mid-life services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Perform medical screening/examinations including but not limited to breast and pelvic examination, the latter including speculum examination, bi-manual examination, obtain cultures for STD’s and cytologic smears, along with other screening procedures indicated by medical policy and medical judgment. Thoroughly document all care and complete log books, etc. as required.
- Work closely with VP Clinical Care to insure smooth operation of clinic services by making recommendations
regarding all medical issues concerning patients, assisting in the planning and implementation of new clinic
services/programs, making procedural suggestions to insure efficient quality patient care and adding addendum notes to clinic nurse evaluations.
- Assist in training and educating newly hired Medical Assistants and taking the lead in clinical training
- Order, interpret and inform patients of lab results and recommended follow-up
- Provide counseling on all birth control methods when appropriate
- Provide information on sexuality, contraception, STD, sterilization, medical problems, abortion, pregnancy
options or other related needs
- Interact with other community agencies and businesses marketing clinic services to customers
Skills and experience required:
- Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Florida
- Experience in women’s health care with a gyn or family practice involved with women’s health
- Comfortable when discussing sexuality, contraception, STD and pregnancy options
- Prior experience working in Electronic Health Records system is preferred
- Excellent leadership skills
Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida (PPSENFL) is a DFWP – Drug Free Work Place and EOE
Equal Opportunity Employer. PPSENFL is committed to a dynamic work environment that values diversity
and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus and innovation.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood of South, East, and North Florida is a Drug Free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.