Will perform complex maintenance tasks to include aircraft rigging and assist in critical inspections. Also carry out routine and non-routine maintenance in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals and MRC decks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components.
- Knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Provides technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers.
- Prioritizes workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- Required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- Responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline, two (2) years of experience in operational positions or related fields may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of experience in Department of Defense and/or civilian operations required.
- An Aircraft & Power Plant FAA Certification required.
- Required – Valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to attain and maintain a TSA/Homeland Airport Security Ramp Access Pass
Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Values Charter “Safety: Above all else”.
Effective Communication – Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
Teamwork – Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
Accountable to Achieving Commitments – Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
Adaptability to Change – Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Individuals hired by Erickson must provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 or documentation of a valid exemption. Those with exemptions will be reasonably accommodated only if such accommodations do not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others or an undue burden or Erickson’s operations.