Opportunity: Accounting Clerk
Verify, obtain approvals and pay invoices; bill and collect outstanding revenue in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Potential Career Path
Staff Accountant/Guest Service Agent – Regional Accountant – Controller
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare cash discrepancy reports.
- Retrieve and process deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain house bank and conduct transactions according to established processes and policies.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks and conduct audits as needed.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements.
- Assist with credit-related activities, including processing of credit applications.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous accounting experience or equivalent training required.
- Proficient in using Excel.
- Knowledge of PMS/accounting systems preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble – Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.