Aircraft Engine Mechanic
As an Aircraft Engine Mechanic for Rolls-Royce, you will service and repair aircraft engines, as well as repair aircraft engine structures, such as modules and components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing and hydraulic units utilizing hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment. You will also utilize rotor balance machines, drills, dial indicators, calipers, depth micrometers, blast cabinets and other equipment applicable to engine disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair and assembly.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We are the second largest global provider of defense aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Service, repair and inspect installed aircraft engines
- Complete disassembly, inspection and assembly of engines at the modular level
- Inspect engines and component, sub-components, modules, and all fuel, oil, air related systems in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals
- Perform modular level disassembly, inspection and assembly of turbines, compressors, gearboxes and associated engine components; complete required component testing, balancing and other serviceability checks as required
- Read and interpret technical publications, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Test engine operation, using applicable manuals and test equipment to determine serviceability and/or fault-isolate source of malfunction as necessary
- Adjust, repair or replace electrical wiring system and engine accessories
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service Ground Support Equipment for preventative maintenance applicable to the support of maintaining and servicing engines and associated components
- Ability to lift, hold and carry up to 50 pounds unaided
Rolls-Royce is a Military friendly employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2+ years’ experience within an aviation field, OR
- A&P License
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, etc.
Ability to work varying shifts and overtime
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- A&P License
- Experience utilizing the government system NALCOMIS
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary. When Rolls-Royce updates the safety protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on required tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the organization.
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity
Close Date: October 15, 2021
08 Oct 2021; 00:10