Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
601 Washington Ave. will be a newly developed mixed-use project designed Morris Adjmi and Ken Fulk offering over 45,000 SF of ground floor and retail opportunities in the heart of Miami Beach. The modern, expansive storefronts can accommodate configurations ranging from 500 to 5,000+ SF of purpose-built retail space with frontages along Washington Ave., 6th St. and 7th St. – providing unparalleled branding exposure to the millions of tourists who visit Miami each year. Opening is set for Q1 2021.
The F&B Accounting Manager is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel by supplying management with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for the property: cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Highgate Hotels established guidelines. Monitors and controls Hotel’s cash flow and operating forecast.
- Creates annual budgets and monthly variance analysis. Investigates and critiques variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Ensure hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’ financial objectives.
- Complies with Standard Accounting policies and procedures and internal controls for finance and accounting operations
- Timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts, including monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Successful completion of all internal and external financial audits, including coordination of work with CPA firms and delivering information requested by auditors on a timely basis.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Highgate Hotels’ standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Directs or prepares all financial reports in accordance with Highgate Hotels’ requirements, meeting various due dates and deadlines.
- Report responsibility – Weekly: A/R & A/P Aging, Flash Reports, Payroll Reports, Revenue Updates
- Report responsibility – Monthly: Financial Statements, Forecasting KeyStatistics Report, Cash Flow
- Report responsibility – Annual: Budgets, 5-Year Plans, 5-Year Capital Plans
- Timely interacts with Executive Committee members to assure that property operations are on track and under control at all times.
- Monitor hotels’ compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating report.
- Executes other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 6 years of related progressive experience in hotel Accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/ Finance concentration and a minimum of 2 years of related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing and in the operation of all hotel-specific systems.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.