About Patelco Credit Union
We’re here to help people in communities throughout Northern California build financially healthy lives. We do this by being attentive and partnering with our members to understand what is financially best for them. We thrive on change, and we put people first. If you’re looking to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from you.
Patelco is a not-for-profit credit union, serving the financial needs and aspirations of more than 400,000 members. What we earn, we return to our members in savings from lower loan rates, fewer fees, and personalized service that focuses on transparency, simplicity, and trust. Our mission remains the same as when we started in 1936, to provide products, services, education and expertise that will empower our members to rise up and achieve financial freedom.
The Assistant Branch Manager will co-lead the development of team members, strategic planning, executing Retail initiatives to enhance member experience through identified opportunities and strategies. In this role, responsibilities will include managing and providing vision and leadership to the branch team members. As an Assistant Branch Manager, you must display passion for member’s financial well-being, as well as be able to showcase and coach to.
- Assists Branch Manager in developing and implementing strategies to capitalize on opportunities, highlight the features and benefits of our products and services, support overall credit union member services, promotions and member service objectives and expectations.
- Support Branch Manager in developing a culture within the branch in which quality and continuous improvement on all performance accountabilities and member interactions.
- Develops and inspires a highly efficient and productive branch team focused on delivering exceptional member service and offering solutions to improve members’ financial well-being by tailoring recommendations with Patelco’s products, services, and digital solutions.
- Ensure all team members are trained on all functions within the branch through effective communication and implementation of new/revised policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify any potential issues keeping the branch and team members from providing exceptional member service and collaborate on solutions with the Branch Manager.
- Respond and monitor branch’s Financial Wellbeing Survey feedback from members, and provide coaching, training and feedback to team members and departments as necessary.
- Identify any potential issues keeping the branch and team members from providing exceptional member service and collaborate on solutions with the Retail Performance Manager and Regional Director.
- Ensures delivery of exceptional member experience and handles member escalations with a sense of urgency.
- Supports the career development of team members through consistent coaching, professional development, and purposeful career pathing steps.
- Collaborates with business partners to proactively acquire new business relationships and expand existing business relationships.
- Understands and models the Mission, Vision, and Core Values with both team members and members.
- Ensures the daily branch operations are conducted in accordance with established credit union policies to include legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manages and leads team members through a changing environment and resolves stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations as well as internal policies and procedures and bank products and services.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or AA in business related discipline or equivalent (preferred)
- Three to four years’ prior branch supervisory or team lead experience in a credit union or banking environment
- Excellent computer skills MS Windows and MS Office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating team members.
- Ability to manage all priorities and workflow with versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to organize and prioritize information, job tasks and workload to consistently complete all branch work in a time sensitive manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and good judgment problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- An inspiring career that benefits both you and your community
- Competitive compensation packages with bonus opportunity
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with minimal eligibility waiting period
- Generous 401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor and 5% employer match
- Discounts on loan products
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Community outreach opportunities
Patelco Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
This job not a perfect match?
We can recommend other jobs for you!Join our talent community