On the day Fallon opened its doors without a single client, it did so under the headline, “A new advertising agency for companies that would rather outsmart the competition than outspend them.” More than 35 years later, and this mantra is unwavering. We are a creatively-led agency who pinned our public reputation on our commitment to smarts. Smart brands create something of value in the world: entertainment value, social value, and belief value. Smart brands are additive to peoples’ lives and to culture. They help build ideas in the world, and they leave something behind. For the work: http://www.fallon.com/
The AS is responsible for helping steer and implement strategies and gaining alignment on them with the all-agency team. The AS is also responsible for providing day to day structure and guidance to the team, and drive everyone along the way.
Role includes management of AE and/or AAE to help with their mastery of the business and project management to ensure on-time and successful project delivery.
· Work closely with Brand Team (primarily Brand Managers) to ensure work is completed in line with marketing objectives and consumer needs
o Develop close relationship with Brand Managers to ensure Agency is close to business issues and opportunities. More strategic discussions should still happen with ABM when needed
· Oversee holistic creative development process and ensure work is integrated, on strategy/campaign, and consistent with the brand equity and character – the Account Supervisor leads a cross Agency team in addition to advertising, including Instore, PR and Media.
o Ensure process is in place and is clear for everyone in the team (who needs to do/see things, how many times, how to keep things moving)
o Work with all agency partners to ensure delivery of seamless integrated plans
o Push the partners, help them to deliver stronger, bigger ideas
o Understand their POV and decisions (both strategic and executional) to be able to challenge if necessary
o Over-communicate: don’t assume they know what’s going on the overall initiative
· Ensure production checklist is being followed and is executed by the team with excellence
· Adopt an attitude of positive leadership, both with the clients and internally (partners and creative / strategy)
o Keep calm and positive
o Foster positive relationships with teams by creating a motivating environment based on productive and honest interaction/dialogue
o Find solutions
o Motivate & cheer the team up (ensure team-building is occurring among agency and brand team as well as all-agency team), to ensure the work gets done efficiently and in a good spirit
· Lead AE and AAE on project management
o Delegate to AE /AAE: give directions, teach them, pass on the knowledge… even if sometimes doing it instead seems faster
o Attend all creative briefings to ensure proper direction is given, ensure work is consistent with strategy and completed in timely manner
o Make sure tasks get done: keep track, follow up, and anticipate when they are not here so there is some coverage
o Allow AE to grow and show he/she can evolve to a higher position at some point
· Train AE and AAE on how to think strategically, keep a broader understanding of projects, etc.
· Manage up:
o Ensure AD and GAD are abreast of key account activity
o Reporting = anticipating the requests and questions vs. being in a response mode
Bachelor’s degree, preferred, but not mandatory
6+ years of previous experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.