SPS Commerce has an amazing Sales team, and they are looking for great talent to help fuel our forward momentum with our Analytics Product. Our Account Executives is the next step after learning the basics. It’s about learning, applying and advancing your sales skills. Ideal candidates will have the sales “hunter” mentality and be comfortable with robust prospecting in both new logos and cross-selling with existing clients.
Does this sound like you?
- You enjoy the full sales cycle, including prospecting. You’re willing to be bold and have a solid streak of resilience.
- You’re known for your ability to influence and problem solving. You are gifted in the art of communication and have a high technical aptitude.
- You’re a team player – you love to gain success through the support of others and you love helping others succeed.
As the largest Minnesota SaaS company, we are a leader in our field providing disruptive and innovative solutions within the Retail industry. We have celebrated 82 consecutive quarters of success and we dominate the field. We believe in investing in growth – whether that be in our products, your professional trajectory or in our communities. When you join SPS, you join a winning team and have an opportunity to work alongside exceptional colleagues solving some of the most complex problems facing the evolving retail landscape.
The Day to Day
A significant portion of this role is outbound prospecting in new logos as well as expanding our product portfolio with existing clients. You’ll manage a territory in North America. You’ll be fully supported with a robust Sales Operations and Sales Engineering department, as well as a high performing team of experienced account executives and sales leaders.
- Drive a prescriptive sales process and manage a defined sales territory (e.g., identify, develop, and close new business opportunities)
- Creatively prospect for new clients through email campaigns, networking, cold calling, and other strategies you determine can reach client most effectively
- Collaborate with an account team to understand and leverage existing SPS relationships while cultivating a culture that grows together and aligns with SPS Values
- Work to maintain customer satisfaction; respond to customers in a timely manner; ensure the customer has proper alignment with Customer Success
- Maintain a rolling 90-day pipeline to meet or exceed ARR quota
- Nurture prospects and current customers; cross-sell and upsell existing subscribers
- Document key findings, progress, insights, and pipeline velocity in Salesforce.com
- Bachelor’s degree AND 2 years of relevant work experience OR some post-secondary education AND 3 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant work experience is defined as 2+ years of sales experience with a minimum of 1 year in a commission-based sales role
- Clear, concise, and confident communicator (verbal, non-verbal, written), including effectively altering vocal tone/inflection, listening, and writing relevant and engaging content
- Demonstrative behaviors around integrity, relationship building, and leadership expectations
- 2+ years of sales experience with a minimum of 1 year in a commission-based hunter sales role preferred
- Proven aptitude for sales: bias toward action, engaging, resilient, listener, curious, grit, gumption
- Proven competence with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Salesforce.com
*EOE including disability/ veteran*
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.