Established in 1991, Collabera has been a leader in IT staffing for over 22 years and is one of the largest diversity IT staffing firms in the industry. As a half a billion dollar IT company, with more than 9,000 professionals across 30+ offices, Collabera offers comprehensive, cost-effective IT staffing & IT Services. We provide services to Fortune 500 and mid-size companies to meet their talent needs with high quality IT resources through Staff Augmentation, Global Talent Management, Value Added Services through CLASS (Competency Leveraged Advanced Staffing & Solutions) Permanent Placement Services and Vendor Management Programs.
Collabera recognizes true potential of human capital and provides people the right opportunities for growth and professional excellence.
Work Location Moline IL 61265-5884
Job Title Accountant
Duration 3 Years (Strong possibility of extension)
- In this position the resource will act as a liaison between client’s units and carriers.
- This position will work with contacts at client’s units, freight carriers, and third party logistics companies. Will process invoices and make sure carriers and 3rd party logistics suppliers are paid for their services and allocate charges to the appropriate unit.
- Will also complete month end closing and reconciliation.
- Month end charges out deadlines are specific each month based on accounting calendar.
- Due to deadlines limited time off work during month end.
- The position works with a wide variety of client’s systems and outside carrier and third party logistics web sites.
- Strong candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a similar field.
- Must have a working knowledge of general ledger accounts (debits and credits and reconciling items related to timing).
- Ability to manage time is important due to multiple priorities.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis needed for ad hoc questions and issues.
- Candidate must be very organized, have strong prioritization and time management skills, ability to learn quickly, and strong customer service skills.
- Must have strong to advance Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables, and graphs).
- Experience with business objects is a plus.
If interested, please contact: