HarperCollins Publishers is seeking a Financial Reporting Accountant for our office on Montage Mountain in Moosic, PA.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will perform a variety of accounting tasks including the preparation of journal entries, processing and reconciling to the general ledger, reconciling various balance sheets, preparing work-papers and internal schedules based on financial results. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience working with specifically with foreign currency and inter-company accounts.
- Examines a variety of accounting documents to verify accuracy and to ascertain that transactions are properly supported, are in accordance with policies and procedures, and are recorded according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- This person will be responsible for internal and external reporting more complex than the entry level position.
- Involvement with SOX 404 testing and compliance.
- Duties will also include involvement with specialized projects on an as needed basis in conjunction with management and/or senior staff
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting plus two to three years prior accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Excel.
- Experience using an on-line general ledger system is required.
- Attention to details and accuracy, planning and organizing, information and task monitoring.
- Strong technical accounting skills including accounting for intercompany accounts and foreign currency transactions.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is required. Works under the supervision of a senior accountant or manager.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 17 countries. With 200 years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 16 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.