THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO’S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron’s Accounting team provides our investors, management, vendors, and employees with excellent support and service. They also ensure vendors get paid, and that our employee payroll is processed correctly. Accounting takes a collaborative approach to performing month-end close tasks, including analyzing and recording accrued expenses, fixed assets, and accounting for other operational activities within our fulfillment centers and Headquarters.
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Assist with the monthly financial close of the company by preparing account reconciliations, entering journal entries, and maintaining accurate records and files.
- Assist in preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Answer accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting data.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Assist in researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Meet financial objectives scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports for management.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Additional responsibilities for special projects as they arise.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred.
- 0-3 years professional accounting experience with a top public accounting firm or mid-to-large size company
- Full understanding and experience with the fundamentals of bookkeeping and reconciliations
- Strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, highly organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong excel skills and ability to efficiently work with large volumes of data
- Familiarity with ERP systems and/or NetSuite a plus
- Familiarity with tech or food industry a plus
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.