MLB is hiring an Analyst, Marketing Analytics to be a valued contributor on a growing team that provides analysis, insights, and perspective into marketing activities across the baseball industry today. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics within the S&D organization, and will focus on leveraging data to improve marketing measurement capabilities and drive business impact.
The ideal candidate will be a thought-leader on trends and dynamics impacting the Sports, Media, and Entertainment landscape, and will bring a strong, structured strategy toolkit and experience to a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Leverage extensive first and third party marketing data (advertising, social media, ticketing, web and mobile) to measure campaign effectiveness and provide key insights on performance for stakeholders
- Scale, scope and deliver marketing analytics projects of all sizes that support MLB and Club marketing initiatives and strategic decision making
- Produce research, insights and reporting on league-led marketing and growth initiatives that quantify and optimize campaign, audience and product strategy
- Help the Marketing Analytics team with data engineering pipeline projects, including exploring new data sources, setting up ETL processes, and maintaining data quality
- Develop dashboards, reports, and ad hoc analyses that provide accessible and automated insights into major projects, initiatives and trends around the League
- Work with others to develop and facilitate best practices for data and analytics across the League
- Present thoughtful, cohesive evidence to support initiative and campaign proposals to various MLB stakeholders
- Build models and experimental tests to appropriately measure marketing efforts
- Actively monitor digital marketing landscape to stay aware of latest technologies, trends, and platforms to keep MLB at the cutting edge of the industry
Required Skills and Background:
- An undergraduate degree in an analytical or business field
- 1-3 years of professional or academic experience in digital/marketing analytics, with demonstrable examples of success and accountability
- Highly professional manner and excellent written and verbal skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL and familiarity with R and Python
- Foundational knowledge of SEM, Programmatic Display, Video, or Paid Social and optimization tactics
- Familiarity with the Google Marketing Platform and Google Analytics, or similar Marketing Attribution systems and models
- Location: NYC, in office
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the “Major Leagues” of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
All in-office positions are subject to MLB’s mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy.