Accounts Payable Associate
New York, NY
Why you should join our Finance team:
This is an opportunity to own various functions related to the Procure to Pay Cycle, at a rapidly scaling pre-IPO tech company. The Accounts Payable Associate will work with department leaders and employees throughout the organization and will have the opportunity to learn how a best-in-class SaaS business operates.
What you will do in the first 30 days
- Learn the vendor bill workflow including processing bills, expense coding, and vendor payments
- Work with vendors and internal departments to ensure timely booking and payment of vendor bills
- Maintain corporate credit card and learn proper coding and approval procedures
- Help with the review, approval, and reimbursement of employee expense reports
What you will do in the first 60 days
- Collaborate directly with vendors and budget owners to resolve AP related issues
- Take ownership of vendor bill workflow
- Take ownership of closing tasks and timelines
- Contribute to month end closing procedures and schedule preparation
What you will do in the first 90 days
- Independently navigate the full procure to pay cycle
- Build strong relationships with vendors and internal budget owners
- Streamline, automate, and instill best practices in expense and AP processes
- Document policies and procedures
- Manage vendor bill workflow including processing bills, expense coding, and vendor payments
- Setup vendors in our accounting systems (Netsuite, Coupa) and obtain proper documentation
- Manage incoming vendor inquiries to our AP email address and supporting vendor relationships
- Obtain estimates from vendors and Sisense employees at month end
- Assist with the reconciliation of bank statements
- Maintaining corporate credit card by assuring proper expense coding and approvals
- Preparation of bi-monthly payment runs
- Own the timely reviewing of employee expense reports per the company’s T&E policy
- Reconcile vendor billing statements, research and correct discrepancies
- 4 year undergraduate degree with a strong GPA required, Business or Accounting-related field of study preferred
- 2+ years relevant bookkeeping/accounting/AP processing experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required, experience with NetSuite and Coupa (or another procurement software) preferred
- Ability to work independently and proactively, but also as a collaborator on a team
- Ability to take initiative and proactively resolve problems and improve processes
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Basic accounting knowledge, strong understanding of AP controls and best practices
- Very organized, excellent multi-tasker, and great time management skills
- Excitement and passion to join at a fast-growing, “get things done” company
- We’re a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips working out of our office in Midtown.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We’re constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.