VMLY&R Commerce is WPP’s largest end-to-end creative commerce agency. We’re on a mission to reimagine commerce; bringing the power of the VMLY&R connected brand promise together with culturally relevant, creative innovation that can drive brand growth at retail and beyond.
We are actively looking for a strong Art Director to help concept retailer/commerce initiatives for a large multinational CPG portfolio of brands. Whether your background is in traditional design or agency art direction – you will play a pivotal role collaborating with a team of designers, thinkers and writers to drive creativity and innovation that deliver results. Our ideal candidate is a curious and passionate storyteller with an up-and-coming background in commerce and brand activation. A digital native that understands media and cultural relevance, and someone who is passionate about delivering great design thinking, on brief and on strategy.
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R Commerce offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
- Solid conceptual abilities, solid art direction/design chops plus a knowledge of the digital (social/mobile) landscape.
- Visual communication skills that will knock our socks off. That includes design skills, typography, layout and interactive engagement.
- Good client presentation skills demonstrating a clear vision of how the work addresses the client challenges.
- Talent to inspire clients and team members with great visual design.
- Desire to take on new challenges, grow and learn every day.
- Ability to work collaboratively (and solo, too!) in a fast-paced environment – whatever it takes to get the job done and be on-brand.
- Strong attention to detail and process: a problem-solver that tackles assignments on brief and brings proactive solutions to the team.
- A one-stop shop for intermediate software skills in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Keynote/PPT presentation design
- Bachelor’s degree (or portfolio equivalent) in design, advertising, communications for relevant field
- 3+ years of experience as a designer or art director, preferably in an agency or in-house creative department
- Auto experience a plus!
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.