Helmer Scientific designs, integrates, manufactures, markets, and distributes specialized medical and laboratory equipment to clinical and life science customers in over 125 countries.
- We offer competitive salary and benefits
- We offer a positive team environment
- We offer an opportunity to fulfill potential by performing meaningful and rewarding work
- We are committed to serving customers, team members and the world community
Are you ready to join us and make a difference? We have a career opportunity for an Assembler II to join our team!
The Assembler II performs repetitive assembly tasks using basic hand tools to build temperature controlled storage units, refrigerators/freezers and thawing systems or under counter temperature controlled storage units. Cross-trained to perform specialty functions in the following areas: brazing, final testing, charging or wiring.
- Promotes Helmer values as demonstrated in personal productivity and quality of work, management of internal/external relationships, actively seeking out and participating in Continuous Improvement practices, and willingness to engage and support team initiatives.
- Comply with workplace safety procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance, which includes punctuality and working scheduled overtime, is necessary to meet our commitment to provide quality products and service to our customer.
Performs repetitive assembly task using basic hand tools to build temperature controlled storage units, refrigerators/freezers and thawing systems. Cross-trained to perform specialty functions. On a regular basis, performs one or more of the following:
- Braze refrigerators
- Evacuation leak testing and refrigerator charging
- Final Test
- Record measurements as needed. Ensure that device history records are completed according to FDA GMP requirements. Complete nonconformance records according to established procedures and GMP requirements.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Sheet Metal Assembly (using various assembly tools).
- Follows work instruction to determine the process required.
Relative Work Experience: 1-3 years general assembly experience with hand tools
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Must be able to read and understand work instructions in English.
Certifications / Licenses: None required.
Computer Systems / Software: MRP/ERP preferred
Specialized Training: Brazing, charging or wiring skills/training preferred and will be developed after hire.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates ability to make timely and appropriate decisions based on standards.
- Ability to complete own work with little to no supervision.
- Capability to follow established procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; concentrate on routine work details amid periodic interruptions.
- Is open to the ideas, diverse views and opinions of others; offers opinions constructively; offers assistance when needed.
- Ability to multi task.
If you don’t meet the minimum requirements we’ve listed, but still think you are qualified for the job, you are welcome to apply for consideration.
As an EEO/AA Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Helmer is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace in which we respect and celebrate each person.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.