What we are looking for
Wehner Multifamily is looking for creative and skilled Assistant Property Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the community to ensure a sufficient flow of revenue by leasing a high percentage of apartment units at the optimum rates. The Assistant Property Manager is to liaise with The Property Manager to ensure successful operation of the property.
What you do
The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned:
- Supervise resident retention, renewal and leasing programs to maintain maximum occupancy
- Ensure compliance with Wehner Multifamily Company policy, as well as federal and local regulations
- Monitor tenant compliance with lease agreements and resolves problems and concerns
- Maintain property to expected standards and show Pride of Ownership
- Work closely with Property Manager to maintain the overall operations
- Oversee move in and move out processes with tenants assuring that all items are completed
- Ensures that all applicable deposits, rents, and other fees and ancillary revenues are collected and deposited
- Participate and manage marketing efforts to increase occupancy and effectiveness.
- Interact closely with the Maintenance team to manage property maintenance programs including promptly and courteously responses to resident requests for maintenance.
- Provide an adequate supply of market ready apartments to meet the leasing efforts.
- Accurately create, prepare and convey all operational and financial data.
- Be responsive and receptive to owners’ and Wehner Corporate teams needs, goals, and objectives.
- Effectively monitor all income, including delinquencies and the timely receipt and reconciliation of rent collections and ensure landlord/resident statutes are followed.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends.
- Manage tenant move-ins and move-outs, and “walk-through“ spaces with tenants and tenant improvement department.
- In absence of Property Manager Delegate staff responsibilities and maintain set deadlines to be efficient and effective with property objectives.
- Prepare and deliver timely, accurate and complete reports and legal notices.
- Assume additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
What you need for this job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- High school education or equivalent is required; college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to respond to a variety of situations using good judgment with both creativity and resourcefulness.
- Ability to fluently read and write English, accurately use all on-site resident management software functions.
- Experience in residential property management or related field is required.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively and professionally manage personnel.
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate to high stress level.
- Moderate noise level.
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 10 pounds.
- Occasional travel with the DFW Metroplex.
- Must be able to tour the community with clients, which includes walking the property and climbing stairs.
What we would love to see
- Related business/industry (real estate / property management) experience desirable.
- Exposure to property management software and accounting software highly desirable.
- Superior customer service skills and professionalism under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and attention to detail.
Wehner Multifamily (WMF) is a full-service property management company on a mission to establish honest and competent management services for B & C class apartment communities. We attribute our consistent growth over the past decade to staffing our company properly, leveraging innovative technology and keeping our finger on the operational pulse of each asset.
We add value through renovating unit interiors, repairing deferred maintenance, and supplying honest and competent employees to foster a desirable, profitable community.
Wehner Multifamily (WMF) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, military service, veteran status, disability, genetic information, age and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Wehner Multifamily (WMF) is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
WMF is an E-Verify participant.