Assistant General Manager – Transit
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for all transportation activities, including the dispatching of vehicles on schedule, the oversight of the vehicles and operators while in service, and processing and verifying operations payroll. First Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the dispatching, in service monitoring and turn-in activities involved in daily transit operations.
- Work with the Maintenance Manger to insure that vehicles dispatched are in proper working conditions.
- Prepare and verify operations payroll.
- Develop manpower requirements for Road Supervisors, Dispatchers, Operators and Service Personnel.
- Coordinate operations personnel selection, recruitment and training with the Safety Manager.
- Assist in developing procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road Supervisors, Operators and Service personnel.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection and reporting of fare box revenue
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Monitor and evaluate Operations’ activities. Included in the evaluation of activities are the following: Vehicle on time statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work hours, total pay hours, customer compliant data, accident data, road call data, other operations related functions
- Recommends and disciplines operations, personnel.
Assistant General Manager Requirements:
- Must have knowledge of transit operations, maintenance, and administration.
- Must have good communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.