Are you ready to grow sales and lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as an Assistant Branch Manager in Omaha, NE!
What you will do:
The Assistant Branch Manager provides day to day responsibility for the critical issues of branch operation and profitability, including sales, sales growth, budgeting, gross margins, operating expenses, safety, customer service, inventory, equipment, building and vehicles, community relations, accounts receivable and resolution of personnel issues.
- Directly manages the schedules and performance of two or more retail branch associates.
- Coordinates sales promotional activities, merchandising and displays.
- Manages the day-to-day operations the retail store including compliance, retail sales, warehousing and distribution.
- Collaborates with outside sales to ensure order accuracy and properly scheduled customer deliveries.
- Manages branch inventory, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintain showroom and warehouse appearance.
- Monitors reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open Purchase Order (PO) reports.
- Responsible for Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR). Ensures daily completion and that all errors are addressed and bank deposits are initiated.
- Work with our hardware vendors to schedule and hold monthly vendor product training sessions.
- Oversee retail employee training in procedural areas such as following all Airgas Operating Standards and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an industrial retail, inside sales, customer service and/or inventory control related position.
- One (1) year of prior supervisory experience.
- Leadership skills; Identifies requirements; allocates, and effectively uses information, personnel, time, and other resources necessary for goal accomplishment; establishes appropriate courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals; develops evaluation criteria and tracking systems for monitoring goal progress and accomplishment; and specifies objectives, schedules, and priorities.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Takes ownership and creates solutions and enjoys working “hands-on” in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- SAP experience preferred.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability