Synopsys is hiring a Verification Applications Engineer (AE). The primary focus of the Verification Applications Engineer is to support the sale and adoption of the Synopsys functional verification products. Applications Engineers are expected to possess in-depth knowledge of design for verification languages and methodologies. They are expected to be able to articulate how to apply such techniques as assertions, constrained random stimulus and coverage to full chip verification. Applications Engineers support Account Managers to exceed quota. Sales support roles include product demonstrations, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking. Customer support roles include training, problem resolution, and technical account management.
Applications Engineers also work directly with customers to assist with the deployment of design for verification methodologies. Applications Engineers are expected to participate in account planning, where they work as part of the account team to develop the Synopsys solution to customer problems by bringing their understanding of customers’ needs and issues. They must be able to interact effectively with end-users at customer sites, as well as first level managers.
- BS in CS/EE with 5-8+ years of experience in functional verification. Verification experience should include ASIC verification using industry-standard verification languages (SystemVerilog).
- Solid understanding of design for verification methodologies (UVM).
- Excellent verbal and written presentation/communication skills.
- Customer sensitivity, the ability to multiplex many issues & set priorities, and the desire to help customers exploit new technologies.
- Requires the ability to understand and explain related technical issues, thorough knowledge of Synopsys verification tools, and all associated languages and methodologies.
- Requires excellent customer interface, communication and planning skills.
- The ability to lead and manage complex tasks to achieve timely completion consistent with program schedule and cost constraints.
At Synopsys, were at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And were powering it all with the worlds most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chipsfaster. Were the worlds leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performanceeliminating months off their project schedules.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.