Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Located 36 miles East of Atlanta on Emory’s original campus in Oxford, Georgia, Oxford College invites applications for a temporary, full-time Accountant.
- Performs routine professional accounting duties requiring limited independent judgment.
- Monitors, audits and reconciles departmental accounts.
- Researches and creates new accounts and codes.
- Prepares journal transactions, balances accounts, reconciles errors and takes corrective action.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets.
- Advises management of cash deficits.
- Prepares audit schedules in support of internal and external audits.
- Maintains databases and assimilates financial and statistical data.
- Prepares routine operational and statistical reports.
- May assist with computer operations for the department.
- May maintain departmental grants and monitor petty cash activity.
- May coordinate invoice preparation, payables and/or receivables.
Performs related responsibilities as required.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?Connect with us for general consideration!