Airgas USA, LLC
Account Manager / Outside Sales Representative
Benefits – Consistent Hours – Stability
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,400 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, a world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and many more.
The Account Manager sells products to business and industrial establishments at customer’s place of business by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maximizing sales in the established territory by growing sales within existing accounts, identifying and developing new accounts at a level consistent with company expectations
- Communicate in an organized, clear and brief manner to effectively express ideas, plans, actions, projects, and engagements, which support customer business activity
- Effectively organize a course of action to accomplish sales goals by identifying and classifying both existing & potential account opportunities by effective time management and planning
- Develop and implement account penetration plans and strategies to include regular account business reviews for key customers to maximize sales at existing accounts
- Identify individuals who can initiate an order or influence a buying decision
- Maintain effective information management for all phases of selling activities, while establishing an action plan to maximize sales/margin
- Consistently seeks new product knowledge and understands competitive environment
- Fully integrating all product lines into accounts focusing on Adding Value supporting our Core Sales Philosophy
Additional duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 3 years of sales experience, preferably in industrial sales
- Possess the technological capabilities and understanding to communicate in today’s business environment
- Ability to listen, gain trust and bring to closure an action, project, resolution or sale with customers
- Ability to utilize sales process to uncover customer objections/concerns, determine appropriate approach and provide solutions
- Ability to influence events to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Ability to stay with a position or plan of action until desired result is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable
- Self-motivated, possessing a high energy level and a desire to win
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The USES strength rating for this position is light.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk to and hear customers.
- The employee frequently is required to sit while traveling from sales call to sales call and while conducting administrative and sales duties.
- The employee is frequently required to stand while servicing a customer; walk while demonstrating a product; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in the course of demonstrating a product.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability