Reporting to the Associate Director, Academic Operations and working closely with the Department Chair and staff from across the college, the Academic Coordinator is responsible for supporting the academic initiatives and operations of the Teaching and Learning (TEAL) Department. Core duties include managing the scheduling of departmental course offerings and recruiting and hiring adjunct instructors to meet programmatic needs; working independently and in collaboration with Department Chair to identify solutions to complex problems; working with the chair to analyze data for strategic planning initiatives; ensuring appropriate faculty and student support; and overseeing departmental expenses. The individual in this position must have a thorough understanding of Department, College, and University procedures and must be able to communicate these procedures to faculty, staff, and students as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of directly related experience including some supervisory and project management experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to manage projects and prepare and present periodic status reports on progress
* Demonstrated ability to monitor departmental expenses.
* Ability to handle confidential materials and exercise discretion.
* Excellent customer service skills along with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of administrators, faculty, staff and students
* Ability to use initiative, sound judgment, and a detailed knowledge of department and University policies and procedures to solve problems and make good decisions.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate student services activities.
* Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to adhere to all applicable policies, procedures and protocols.
* Strong computer skills and proficiency in the use Microsoft Office® programs, especially Excel which is used to plan and manage scheduling of departmental course offerings.
* Skilled in the use of automated office equipment, including computer, scanner, copier, fax, PC and telephone.
Please note this position will temporarily work remotely, the duration of remote work will be at the discretion of Temple University and the department.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-report
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.