The Intergenerational Center in Temple University’s College of Education seeks a full time Administrative Specialist to support its workforce employment program. The Administrative Specialist will perform a variety of clerical tasks related to program activities, as well as support other Intergenerational Center programs as needed. Reporting to the Workforce Program Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and maintaining program materials, updating client files and databases, completing data entry, tracking and reporting on students’ participation and progress, schedule appointments and meetings, ensuring documents and clearances are handled according to Temple University’s safety and compliance procedures, and preparing for program audits. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual must be pro-active and able to prioritize. Attention to detail is key to this role and must be flexible and organized. Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a grant funded position.
Required Education & Experience:
At least two (2) years of directly related experience.Experience handling confidential information. An equivalent of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing, as well as via phone and email.
* Highly proficient with MS Office suite and ability to quickly learn new data base client tracking system.
* Provide high level customer service to clients and all partners
* Dependable, organized, and strong ability to meet deadlines and take initiative.
* Ensure all administrative duties are accurate and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
* Strong track record and demonstrated proficiency in the following: Adaptable, uses discretion and good judgement, problem solving, attention to detail, reliable, flexible, excellent listening skills, cultural competency, strong interpersonal communication.
* Ability to work on a diverse team in a fast paced environment.
* Bachelor’s Degree
This position requires a background check.
This position requires Child Abuse Certifications prior to the commencement of service.
This is a grant funded position.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-report
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.