Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living’s values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Activities Aide/Enhanced Living Aide offers direct service to residents through facilitation of comprehensive recreational activity program that stimulates the interest and capabilities of residents of community, including Skilled Nursing, Personal Care and/or Dementia Care.
Activities Aide essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct service to residents including but not limited to:
- Programming planning
- Facilitation of small group activities (initiation, facilitation or supervision)
- Individual coaching of residents
- Resident assessment process, as assigned
- Special projects, as assigned
- Coaches residents to discover, develop and fulfill inner purpose through mentoring and facilitation of unique and enriching program opportunities representing the six dimensions of wellness: Spiritual, Intellectual, Social, Emotional, Occupational, and Physical
- Facilitate group activities as noted on calendar of recreational activities; including discussion groups, culinary, craft, outings, etc.
- Communicates opportunities throughout facility to residents, staff and family members; encourages resident participation and involvement
- As directed by supervisor, personally reaches out to each resident on recurrent basis; uses results of coaching methodology to identify individual needs and desires
- Provide support to MDS assessment process, including completion of surveys and assessment documentation as requested
- Assist with departmental administrative functions, including supervision of volunteers, maintenance of supplies and materials, maintaining program equipment; provides suggestions for additional program ideas
- Provide transport to activities within building and on outings, as applicable
- Contribute to the Enhanced Living team initiatives as requested
Related Experience: Minimum 1 year experience as an Activity Aide in a senior living environment or educational environment. Good organizational skills and flexibility required; may be responsible for evening and/or weekend activities.
Education or Degree Requirements: High School Graduate required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: CPR Certified preferred
A Drug-Free Workplace . Equal Opportunity Employer